Terms and Conditions of Participation tekom-SummerCON
Terms and Conditions of Participation
SummerCON is an event of tcworld GmbH, the event organizer of the associations tekom and tekom Europe.
(1) Participation in the online conference SummerCON is free of charge.
(2) Members of
- Gesellschaft für Technische Kommunikation – tekom Deutschland e.V.
- European Association for Technical Communication - tekom Europe e.V.
- Tecom Schweiz
can register for an unlimited number of online events.
(3) For non-members, participation is limited to 4 online events (lectures).
2. Voluntary contribution
You can support SummerCON with a voluntary contribution to the organizer, tcworld GmbH. The option to make the voluntary contribution is offered at different points. A refund of the voluntary contribution, e.g. in case of non-participation, is not possible.
3. User account / registration
(1) In order to register for the SummerCON online conference, you must be a member or have a user account for 'my tekom or 'my conference tool'. After logging in under 'my Dashboard', you can then register for or deregister from the individual online events of the online conference.
(2) If you do not yet have a user account, please create a user account under "my Dashbaord", indicating your title, name and email address.
- We use the 'double opt-in' procedure for registrations. This means that we send a confirmation email to your specified email address after your personal data has been provided. The email contains a link. Following the link you can set a password and complete the registration process. We process your data based on your consent according to Article 6 (1) 1 lit a) GDPR.
If you do not complete the registration process within seven days, the personal data that you have provided for your registration will be automatically deleted.
- As soon as you are logged into your new user account, you can register for a maximum of 4 online events (lectures) of the online conference. If you deregister from one online event, you can register for another online event.
- You can delete your user account at any time under 'my data'.
4. Participation in the online event / dial-in
In good time before the online event (lectures), you will find, in your user account under "My Dashboard”, the dial-in links for the online events you have registered for. We recommend that you dial in 10 minutes before the start of the online event. This will give you enough time for a sound check. Although the conference service provider's software works with all common browsers, the provider recommends using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. For more information on system requirements, click here. You can download the conference service provider's desktop app or use a temporary application to participate. We recommend the latter. You can get help with troubleshooting here.
5. Rules of participation during the online event
All participants in the online event (lectures) are automatically muted. By default, you listen in through your computer's speaker system. If you prefer to participate by phone, simply select "Phone Call" in the audio area and the dial-in information will be displayed. You can enter your questions for the presenter in the question window on the control panel. Please understand that, depending on the number of participants, it may not be possible for the speaker to answer all questions. The choice of questions to be answered is up to the presenter.